So often we can take things that we have for granted. I was looking through some stuff today and found this video which asks the question are we thankful for someone, something or somewhere? It just made me think of a list of things that I’m thankful for right now.
The Bible says:
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.Phillipians 4:6
The more we give thanks, the less room there is for anxiety.
The more we give thanks, the less room there is for fear.
Here’s my list of things I’m thankful for…
- I’m thankful for a car and that I can drive it
- I’m thankful for hot water that comes straight out of a tap!
- I’m thankful for a warm bed at night
- I’m thankful for central heating!
- I’m thankful for friends that care
- I’m thankful that I have God’s Word and can read it without persecution
- I’m thankful that I can attend a church without fear of persecution
- I’m thankful that I have been blessed with grandchildren
- I’m thankful that I can go to the grocery store and choose from a vast array of foods!
- I’m thankful for adversity, because then I can learn how much God loves me when he shows me how dependent I am on Him.
So what are you thankful for?