Liz Hall (Finance Officer) | 8.02.2022
Finances is not just about figures and spreadsheets, rather, the finances of a Church are one of the keys to growth and reaching the lost.
Unfortunately, the short story is that over the last year our finances have been the focus of much prayer. That is simply because a number of months we have wondered if we were going to be able meet our needs. Most months we have about £1,000.00 shortfall between income and expenses. This year, this deficit was largely covered by an insurance pay-out but also sometimes by unexpected gifts. This year has shown that God never fails.
However, I do not believe this is the way we should be functioning as a Church family, although I am not saying we need a huge bank account gaining interest. I do strongly believe we should NOT be in survival mode but in a place we can step out, invest in the various ministries, feeding the needy, reaching out to others, helping our young people and creating a building that is fit for purpose, attractive and inviting.
I want to say a huge thank you to all our generous givers, to those who faithfully tithe, also those who are using the Gift Aid Donation scheme which increases our income. Even now, with only 4 people using the scheme it adds about £2,500 extra income a year. Tithing and offering is a key aspect to our worship as Christians.
Praise God as a Church we were still able to support missionaries, help with food parcels, contribute to urgent aid crises and also continue to invest in developing the youth.
- Pray for God’s vision for the Church and Finances to carry it.
- Pray for personal generosity, blessed to be a blessing.
- Pray this will be the year of many breakthroughs, personally, numerically, financially, pray that Gatehouse becomes a light in the community.
Looking to the future
- Volunteers – for counting the offerings on a Sunday after Service.
- Collecting and counting mission boxes (once every 3 months).
- A second finance officer to train up, to back up Liz.